I think the blog will go something like this: One Chef per month and I am going to try to do 2 entrees, 2 appetizers and 2 deserts for the that one chef. This does not mean it will not have more than this but hopefully never less. The recipes will not always be exactly from the chef themselves but will be a starting point for interpretation. I just want the blog to be fun for anyone who enjoys sharing food with friends and family.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pumpkin French Toast with Fig-Maple Syrup & Allspice Butter

In my opinion Breakfast anytime of the day is the best meal of the day.


http://www.bobbyflay.com/contents/recipe_print.php?id=66


There were not many modification to this recipe except the bread we used. We used a sourdough loaf that my sous chef Rob sliced into perfecty one inch slices. I did change the syrup recipe because I did not have any pure maple syrup. The recipe for the syrup is

1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp maple flavor
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
10 quarterd figs

Bring all ingredients to a boil over medium heat and boil until thick about 5-7 minutes. I removed the figs before serving for the kids but I am sure they would be great on the french toast as well. We served the french toast with hash browns and scrambled eggs.

What made this meal wonderful was the friends that came over for a Sunday afternoon Linner Brunch. We all had fun talking, cooking, and eating and that is what cooking food is all about.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I am so excited! Keep up the amazing cooking! I think one month should be gluten free month:)

    ReplyDelete