I think the blog will go something like this: One Chef per month and I am going to try to do 2 entrees, 2 appetizers and 2 deserts for the that one chef. This does not mean it will not have more than this but hopefully never less. The recipes will not always be exactly from the chef themselves but will be a starting point for interpretation. I just want the blog to be fun for anyone who enjoys sharing food with friends and family.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Left-Over Roast Floutas




1 lb roast beaf choped into pieces
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn(drained)
1 can black beans(drained)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
garlic powder and onion powder to your tasting

Simmer over medium heat
Load into flour tortillas and top with cheese then wrap tortilla and place seam down on pan.
Baste with olive oil and bake at 350 until crispy like 10-15 min


Chili's Avocado Ranch Dip
1/4 cup smashed fresh avocados (about half of an avocado)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon buttermilk ( I did 1 Tbs mild and 1tsp lime juice)
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 dash dried dill weed
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash pepper
Mix well and refrigerate.
This was a more subtle recipe that the chicken Flautas. These were a great leftovers meal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am Jessie's cousin McKenna. I am excited about your blog. I am a beginner cook compared to you so I am excited to try some new things. First favor to ask you. Whenever I see a new reciept that I would like to try there are always some spices that I don't want to buy because I think I will only use them once. Would you blog sometime about the spices that every "aspiring chef" should have in their pantry. Hopefully spices we will use often.
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete